Cotterman® self closing adjustable safety gates are used in conjunction with guardrail systems to prevent unintended egress through guardrail openings. Any guardrail system with a personnel opening up to 40” can be protected to OSHA standard with one of the two Cotterman adjustable self closing safety gates. The small size gate is adjustable from 16” to 26” wide openings, the large gate is adjustable from 26” to 40”. Mounting the self closing gate is easy – clamps can be used on round guardrails, square guardrails or angular guardrails up to 2”. Cotterman gates can also be mounted to a firm reinforced wall surface. Our new design complies with recent changes to OSHA regulations and ANSI standards – complies with OSHA 1910 Subpart D and ANSI 1264-2017.
Everything you need ships in one box, partially assembled and ready to install. Cotterman adjustable self closing gates are powder coated yellow with a zinc rich primer that is extremely corrosion resistant. At the core of the pivot mechanism is stainless steel pivot tube, stainless steel spring, and anti- friction bearings, which eliminate metal to metal contact and are also corrosion resistant. All together this produces a reliable self closing mechanism – tested to over 1,000,000 cycles without spring failure or hinge degradation.
- Versatile, can be mounted to round rail, square rail, angular rail of up to 2″, or a firm reinforced wall surface.
- Stainless steel spring closes the gate after each pass-thru.
- Gate width is available in two adjustable size ranges to fit openings of 16″ to 26″. Gate width is adjustable in 2″ increments.
- Available in safety yellow with zinc rich powder coat primer for corrosion resistance
- One Cotterman self closing adjustable safety gate
- Four clamp brackets
- Four carriage bolts, 3/18 -16 X 4”
- Four 3/8” washers
- Four 3/8 –16 Nylon insert locknuts
- Two ¼-20 X 1 ¾” HHCS
- Two ¼ X 20 Nylon insert locknuts
- Assembly instructions
I wanted to let you know how pleased my boss (safety mgr) was with your gates and service. The gates work great and a piece of cake to install.
PERFECT!! thanks for all of your help. We will be using you again for our safety products needs.
-Chris Zidell, CMC Steel Florida